BRIDGES USA, a renowned Memphis-based youth development organization, is currently seeking a passionate and driven individual to join their team as the Director of Development. In this pivotal role, you will play a key part in shaping the organization's fundraising strategies and goals, ensuring the achievement of budgeted targets. BRIDGES offers an exciting and inclusive work environment, competitive compensation, and a comprehensive benefits package. Join BRIDGES and become part of a century-long legacy of empowering diverse young people to become confident and courageous leaders committed to community transformation.
As the Director of Development, your primary responsibility will be to plan, coordinate, and implement BRIDGES' annual fundraising strategies. By building and maintaining donor relationships, you will cultivate support and secure funding for the organization's ongoing initiatives. Additionally, you will oversee related communication efforts, fundraising events, and provide leadership and guidance to your direct reports.
1. Maintain active oversight and participation in all fundraising activities including individual giving, grants, special events, direct mail appeals, and corporate partnership initiatives to support BRIDGES' annual fundraising efforts.
2. Develop strategies to effectively engage existing and prospective donors, moving them through a cycle of giving.
3. Oversee the development, submission, and retention of grant requests from government entities, corporations, and faith-based institutions.
4. Serve as a public representative of BRIDGES, fostering relationships with community members and supporters to raise awareness and garner commitment for the organization's impactful work.
5. Provide strategic direction to the Donor Relations Coordinator, guiding the donor cycle of giving, implementing gift tracking, gift opportunity management, and reporting utilizing Salesforce.
Administrative Responsibilities (25%):
1. Collaborate with the Vice President of Development and/or Director of Communications to budget, forecast, and track progress towards organizational fundraising goals.
2. Oversee the development and management of online and social media communications to drive and support annual fundraising strategies.
3. Ensure creative design excellence in BRIDGES' marketing and promotional materials related to fundraising campaigns, maximizing reach, impact, and maintaining brand consistency.
4. Facilitate regular reviews of project task performance, ensuring efficient operations and adherence to deadlines.
1. Possess 5-7 years of direct fundraising experience, demonstrating increasing levels of responsibility in development, external sales, or related fields, with a proven track record of achieving revenue targets.
2. Exhibit effective written, verbal, and interpersonal skills, enabling engagement with a diverse community, including program partners, board members, staff, and stakeholders.
3. Showcase research and grant-writing proficiency, including the ability to confidently approach funders, sponsors, and others to secure contributions.
4. Demonstrate hands-on experience with Microsoft Office and/or Google Suite, utilizing these tools to develop grant proposals, budgets, and other development campaign materials.
5. Display proficiency in basic mathematical functions, data compilation, report creation, and strong attention to detail in maintaining accurate documents, records, and correspondence.
1. Possess 10+ years of fundraising experience.
2. Demonstrate experience in successful grant writing, meeting fundraising goals on an ongoing basis.
3. Exhibit expertise in developing, implementing, and managing strategic short- and long-term fundraising plans and projects, including resource organization, problem-solving, and meeting submission deadlines.
4. Familiarity with Salesforce donor management software, leveraging the system to improve business processes.
5. Showcase strong leadership skills, with five or more years of management experience, maintaining accuracy, confidentiality, and professionalism, while emphasizing diversity and youth-adult equity.
1. Work hours are typically 8:30 am - 5:00 pm, with occasional evenings and weekends required.
2. Work will be conducted in a hybrid environment at the BRIDGES Center and approved locations.
3. Reliable transportation is necessary for travel to fundraising meetings and events.
BRIDGES is dedicated to fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace. Individuals from all backgrounds, including people of color, immigrants, refugees, women, LGBTQ+, people with disabilities, and veterans, are encouraged to apply.
Join BRIDGES USA and make a profound impact on the lives of young people while contributing to the transformation of communities. Apply today by visiting application link to be the Director of Development and be part of a dynamic team driving positive change.
May is National Asian American Pacific Islander (AAPI) Heritage Month, and the city of Memphis embraced the spirit of the celebration yesterday with an event at the Benjamin L. Hooks Central Library.
JustMy is about supporting LOCALS, check out these LOCAL area businesses and organizations! Everything you want to know about them is here! Like and Share TODAY! If you are a local business and would like a free listing with us, create your Digital Business Card today and we will share it with the community!